Patient Education Materials
This page is designed to serve as a growing archive of the most useful patient education materials that WVU staff members and PEIA providers use within the weight management program. Please send us pdf or Word versions of any forms, handouts, or other materials that you or your participants find useful in helping them reach their goals and we’ll post them here for everyone to use.
Lifestyle Change and Program Expectations
- Your Guide to Lifestyle Change in the PEIA Weight Management Program
- The First Handout to Go Over with New Participants – Program Expectations and Goals
Healthy Eating Strategies
- Taking Control of Your Diet – Simple Food Strategies
- Healthy Summer Eating Tips – Picnics, Potlucks, and the 4th of July
- Healthy Summer Eating Tips, Part 2 – Healthy Grilling Tips
- Your Vacation Planner - How to avoid relapsing on your goals
- Your Weekly Meal Planner – A simple tracking sheet for weekly food intake
- WV Portions.com – A useful site for educating clients on nutritional choices
Exercise Facts and Tracking Tools
- How much energy (in calories) do you burn every day? The Calorie Burn Calculator
- Outdoor Activity in the Wheeling/Weirton Area – Where can you play?
- Weighing the Pros and Cons of Exercise – What’s your decision?
- What is Your Plan for Change? – A self-assessment form for starting exercise.